30 Oct Spinal Cord Stimulation: Effective Treatment For Chronic Back Pain
If you have been living with chronic pain and your current pain relief therapies are not working, Spinal cord stimulation (SCS) therapy may be an option for you.
Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS) is a neurostimulation therapy proven to be effective for many chronic pain sufferers. Recommended by doctors for almost 45 years to control chronic pain in the back, arms, and legs, SCS helps mask pain by blocking or changing pain signals before they are able to reach the brain. We also invite you to learn more about Dr. Nikesh Seth and other providers including Dr. Anne-Marie Cosijns, Dr. Lisa Sparks, Dr. Michael Givens, and our team of Nurse Practitioners.
The Path Of Pain
- Signals travel up the spinal cord to the brain.
- A generator, similar to a cardiac pacemaker, sends pulses to a thin wire called a lead.
- The lead delivers these pulses to nerves along the spinal cord.
- The pulses modify the pain signals as they travel to different parts of the brain.
- The pulses change the way the body perceives pain—providing potential relief from physical pain as well as the suffering associated with pain.
As with many pain remedies and procedures, Spinal Cord Stimulation will be the solution for many people and not for others. SCS has become a widely used and efficient alternative for the management of some chronic pain that is unresponsive to other more conservative therapies. Technological improvements have been considerable, and the current devices are both extremely sophisticated and reliable.
Spinal Cord Stimulation Treatment at Integrated Pain Consultants
If you are interested in obtaining more information about Spinal Cord Stimulation contact the office of Integrated Pain Consultants. Their amazing board certified pain physicians will determine if Spinal Cord Stimulation is right for you. Don’t wait another day before you seek out the pain remedy that will work for you. Contact Integrated Pain Consultants today at (480) 626-2552 or go online today for your pain consultation.